Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Southwood PTSA - Great School/great team. I am looking to work with them again this year.

A step toward returning to post storm normalcy in Palmetto Bay - The Southwood PTSA held its meeting - which Hurricane Irma forced a rescheduling. My daughters may have graduated, but I remain a card carrying member of the Southwood PTSA.  I participated in the Tuesday, 9/26/2017 PTSA and magnet booster meetings.  My contribution to these meetings included issues relating to the traffic, difficulties picking up due to storm debris and fundraisers.  The PTSA meeting included an election to fill an open seat and alternate position of the EESAC (I remember by service for a term on EESAC at Coral Reef Elementary) CLICK HERE to reach the Southwood PTSA page for more information. 

Our community is made strong by the efforts of the PTSAs - parents, teachers and students working together to strength our schools.  I enjoy every chance I get to work with groups such as PTAs/PTSAs.  Thank you for the invitation to attend - AND - participate!Village Council Member Larissa Siegel Lara also participated as we separately toured the various individual magnet meetings going on during this very busy and most productive evening.
 
The talent at this school is outstanding - and an "A Rated" school, keeping with its strong tradition of excellence.  Congratulations to Principal Raul Garcia and team including and Assistant Principals Calondria Williams and Daniel Alvarez.
(above) PTSA President Fatima Chaiken leads an outstanding group.  And of course, its always fun to see some memories from the past - I found a photo of my daughter as part of the Drama Magnet display (below).  She is now a freshman away at college.
Good luck to the Students, teachers, parents and administration of Southwood Middle. I look forward to working with you again this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment