Monday, September 11, 2017

Hurricane Irma Update - Day Irma+1 Monday, September 11, 2017.

Plans for today include more assessment and even some work at my own house. We want our village safe for all and to make the roads passable those who heeded advice and evacuated to return.

I checked on many houses as requested (during the storm).  Some were for people that were inquiring as to close relatives who they could not reach.  Post storm a few really wanted to know the condition of their home and what they were returning to.  I am posting some of these photos below:
Again, I cannot stress enough that contact is tough as many people are busy putting their property back together and have not had the ability or time to seek out cell service.

Today, Monday, is really day one post storm, and the rains have finally ended.  I expect standing water to have significantly reduced to the point where more streets are passable.  We need to be patient on some of these trees blocking roads (including a huge tree that will be a shame to lose on 152).  There are many and some, such as on 152, another on Old Cutler Road, are huge.

Thank you again, Palmetto Bay - for the individual prep work and being the neighbors we all want to have.

I am in the thick of the storm, with so many of you, without power or internet at home.  I have conference calls and meetings set up throughout the day with our various partners - be it road clearing, police, other governmental.  Talking is limited to coordination. We need the action, not the talk.  The action will be at a furious pace today.  So excuse me if I don't issue many e-mails or posts throughout this day.

It 7:00 AM now and I am off to start this day.  Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment