Saturday, September 9, 2017

Hurricane Irma Updates - 9:00 AM Saturday, 9/9/2017

Feeder bands started coming in, causing me to run out and close/lock the last of my shutters - of course, that band has now passed and I could have accomplished this final prep without driving rain. Better safe than sorry.  I am now taking my final preparations and my home.

First the official - here is Situation Report #7 from either this morning:
BE SAFE - here is an example of the unexpected - what appeared to be a healthy palm tree snapped off due to the wind from the feeder band early this Saturday morning.  Expect more of this type of damage even before any heavy weather comes in.  Down trees like this could cause secondary damage including, but not limited to falling onto a roof or accessory structure, a vehicle, or pulling down a power/phone line.  
Remain prepared and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment