Friday, May 7, 2021

Oh no! Down goes the old Riviera Theater. Photos of the day. Memories made.

Some call it progress. Proof that nothing last forever. I snapped a few photos of the demolition of the Riviera Theater in Coral Gables (Photos taken 5-7-21). Sad to see it go. I have many great memories of date nights there.  I had seen films there throughout my life; from who knows how early. All ages from Elementary School through College, Law School. I attended both movies as well as theatre productions once it turned from movies to live plays. In 2007, Alex and I attended "Defining Code Red", written by Justin Koren after the tragedy at Southwood Middle School in 2004.


The Riviera Theatre served the community well.

I would be remiss if I did not also mention that “dinner – movie” took place often in that area, involving the Riviera Theatre with local restaurants also gone; recalling both the long closed Chinese Restaurant (now a five guys, that I have never been to) as well as Swenson’s that closed earlier this month.

Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment