Thursday, January 23, 2020

A vision of a possible future - but it will take work. Metrorail coming from the south.

It occurred on my Wednesday, January 22, 2020, commute to court when I saw a vision.  Photographs were taken, after all, it didn't happen if it isn't posted on social media.

I rubbed my eyes in disbelief, but quickly realized that I am definitely seeing what I am seeing here, but not to the extent of what should be. Many others with me on the train platform wondered whether this was a mirage, an optical illusion, caused by the extremely cold morning (for south Florida).

A transit TEASE! I never thought I’d see the day - a train came from the south to pick up passengers at Dadeland South. Yes, this could be our future, it should be our present. Too bad this train is not actually coming from Florida City. But at least I could see a vision of a possible future. 

The difference is that I would have already been on a train coming from further south rather than waiting for it at Dadeland.
Waiting for more than "A" train, waiting for the day this will be a regular occurrence.

2 comments:

  1. Constructing commuter rails south of Dadeland, would be considered a huge step towards "completing the grid".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's the kind of grid we need to be working on!

      Delete