Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Reminder - FT&I Charrette documents remain available on line

Questions about the original Franjo Triangle / US1 Charette and resulting FT&I? This research is important if considering a strike through ordinance rescinding the Village Downtown (DUV) district and restoring the FT&I.  

I have previously posted information on this FT&I district, as part of the DUV debate. See: November 16, 2014, The Franjo Triangle Commercial Island Charrette Report – posted online and Sec. 30-50.18 of the Village Code

 http://pbadupws.nrc.gov/docs/ML1021/ML102110564.pdf  Note that this is an 84 page document and is a slow download.  This is “A Citizens’ Vision Plan” November 2004 and was a partnership with Palmetto Bay and the Miami-Dade County Department of Planning and Zoning, Community Planning Section.  

This same Nov 16, 2014 blog post included links to the November 8, 2004, resolution accepting the Charrette report.(Resolution 04-89) (note that the links may be expired - and I will update).  This resolution details part of the public processes employed in this Charrette.    Also see numbered pages 19 - 26 of the actual Charrette report.

The Village Code was created by ordinance known as the “Franjo Triangle & US1 Island Zoning District" (FT&I) was eventually adopted as of May 1, 2006.  First reading was held February 6, 2006, second reading was held April 3, 2006 and a third reading was held on May 1, 2006.  

As always, I remain available to meet with you to discuss your questions and/or concerns.

Your Mayor,

Eugene Flinn

No comments:

Post a Comment