Friday, July 23, 2021

The birthday ride 2021. What, where will it be? Why I ride. Just ride.

Every time I see that it’s someone’s birthday, I’ll usually post my wishes to them on social media. If they are a cyclist, I’ll ask if did or will partake in a birthday ride. It is interesting to hear what rituals people have on their special day.

The most popular response was for people to ride the amount of miles that equals their age.  That goal was much easier in my 20s and 30s. But hey, I need to keep it up. Age is just a number for some, and I try to not to get too concerned over it. 

It’s a bike thing, so non-cyclists may not get it.

I don’t have a consistent ritual for my yearly birthday ride, but I tend to do something out of the ordinary so as to make it memorable.  I have gone long distance, or even better, travel and rode some exotic (for me) location. Then sometimes, it is a local ride that allows me to chill and spend time in nature.


I still have not decided as to the plan in store for this year, but all I know is that it involves at least one more mile than last year. 

Remember, there are no rules other than ride and enjoy your ride.

So what about you?  What are your birthday riding (or other) rituals?



No comments:

Post a Comment