Monday, March 29, 2021

The Fauci-ouchie. 2nd and done! Jackson Health System rocks! Great people providing great service.

Done. Thank you to the Jackson Health System for taking care of my local family.

I commended the staff at Jackson South for how the treated my mother. Everything was set up well and everything moved much better than I dared to expect. We joked back in January that my mother can now do the grocery shopping for the rest of us once her immunization is complete (she cannot), but that I won't have to worry about bringing COVID home to her. (See prior related post of January 9, 2021, Great experience at Jackson South - took my mother for her COVID vaccine on Friday, 1/8/2020) 

I was not able to get an appointment at Jackson South when my turn came, so I took the first available which was located at the North Dade Health Center branch of Jackson Memorial Hospital. I was not disappointed. To the contrary, It was all good.

The drive was nothing. Add in the very slight wait time and I bet I was portal to portal in less time than most other facilities. I barely had a chance to sit during either visit. The Jackson team has this effort down to a well oiled process. And everyone has been professional, skilled and a pleasure to be around.

Alexandra was also vaccinated Saturday. Mothers have been set since the end of January (again, thank you Jackson South). Both our daughters are in process of their vaccinations. Our youngest is set for her initial dose on Wednesday (she is interning out of State, in a State where they have reached her age group). Our oldest has received her initial vaccination in Texas a few weeks ago thanks to the Chickasaw Nation and its effort to protect educators.

I am thankful that we have been vaccinated. But the sobering fact remained that no one is safe until we all are safe. the rest of the family remain at risk as we do not have the luxury of maintaining a sealed bubble at home.  

Thank you Jackson Health System and thank you Chickasaw Nation.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you wrote, "in a State where they have reached her age group" and "thanks to the Chickasaw Nation and its effort to protect educators" since FloriDUH's GOP hierarchy had failed miserably to get this done properly, and is only catching up to states that have followed scientific guidelines. (I'm a retired teacher, and was appalled that teachers were ORDERED back into classrooms without proper protection protocol. Typical of how the GOP has treated teachers ANYTIME they've been in power since JEB ran as some huge supporter of educators. Liar.)

    ReplyDelete