Tuesday, December 22, 2020

POD - Photos from the #GreatConjunction.

The photo of the day will be multiple photos of the day. I have received some photos from the #GreatConjunction that occurred on Monday evening, December 21, 2020. This apparent event occurred when Jupiter and Saturn aligned to appear as one single bright point. 

The event is not over, but the planets were best aligned on 12/21. They will still be in close proximity.  I set up one of my telescopes. The half moon and Mars were also visible. Monday was a great evening to view the heavens. 

It was great to see so many people watching the same event, socially distanced. For just a moment, it felt as if we were all in Brooklyn Heights, and we were all observing Cosmo’s Moon (sorry, inside movie reference). 

Above and below, great views of the Miami City Skyline. Fellow residents traveled to some unique places to take photos from farm fields near Krome Avenue, to Tamiami Trail and even to Downtown Miami. [Photo credit (above and below) - Mark Merwitzer]
Posted below are some great close ups. I don't know where or how far she had to travel to obtain these close ups:
Photo credit (above and below) - Jennifer Finger
A great time was had by many. Feel free to send any additional photos for me to post. Just let me know if you would like or would decline photo credit. My personal "best" photo is posted below (you can see the 'Christmas Star' just to the left of the palm tree in my neighbor's yard):

No comments:

Post a Comment