Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Years. I am looking forward to prevailing in the challenges that 2020 created.

Good bye 2020. What a year. I cannot think of a year where we actually looked forward to counting down the end of a year, actually looking forward to a bound in the arriving New Year. We went from the musings of wanting Barbara Waters to welcome in "This is 2020" at the New Years shows to late February/March when we were hit with harsh realities of how nature is boss when the pandemic hit us hard. Too few took the Coronavirus seriously until it became a bonafide crisis. This was/is real and it is far from over. Coronavirus doesn't end at midnight. It joins us to kick off 2021. 

Government needs to quit coronavirus as a photo op. We need to move the vaccine to those who want it; educate, reassure those who are fearful of medicine, and wipe out Coronavirus. we need to get our economy restarted and - most of all - learn from this and (not only) have a plan ready, but have the infrastructure in place, to prevent a repeat of 2020/21. The US has to rethink its vaccine strategy. 331 million people need to be vaccinated. We are what, > 3 million into the first of two doses? The shots need to move into more arms.

What are your goals for 2021?

To stay safe and be my brother's keeper - do my part not to spread or prolong this pandemic.

To get vaccinated when my number comes up. 2020 was the first year I participated in the seasonal flue shot and I will take my second (or is it a booster) shot to complete the shingles vaccine that I also started in 2020. I have otherwise always participated in vaccines, childhood and adult. 

I will continue to build my law practice and advocate for my passions, including government transparency and accountability, transportation, safe cycling and preserving and protecting our environment. 

I thank everyone for their friendship, business, and/or readership in 2020.

I look forward to another year of cycling, both road cycling as well as gravel - an area I increased preparticipation in due to the pandemic. 

Keep riding, stay health in 2021. 

Your friend and neighbor,

Eugene Flinn


No comments:

Post a Comment