Friday, March 22, 2019

Bees plan on working through the weekend. Our Dombeya Seminole plant is "abuzz". POD

Here is my picture of the day. A composite of 4 of the best photos I was able to take today. Bees are not known for cooperating for photos, though they did not seem to mind my presence.  A nice part of the time change is having additional sunlight later in the day to enable some after hours garden time.

This has been a nice day for the local bees - it seems like hundreds are having a field day on our Dombeya Seminole, which is also commonly called the Florida hydrangea. I found the entire plant to bee abuzz.  Overall, I'd rate this Dombeya Seminole a solid "Bee+" for attracting honey bees.

I assume that these bees also spend significant time pollinating the many varieties of Mango trees in the yard. I may have a good crop this year, so stay tuned as to plans for giving away the excess come June.

Nice to see the local bees here doing their job.  There are times when the bush itself sounds like it is buzzing due to the large numbers of bees this plant attracts.

Plant native. Enjoy our local environment. 

Have a happy and productive weekend (if those two go together for you).

Eugene Flinn

No comments:

Post a Comment