Monday, January 21, 2019

Super Blood Wolf Moon Eclipse did not disappoint in Palmetto Bay. I hope you caught it. It will not occur for us again until 2021. POD

Blood Moon, Wolf Moon, Super Moon.  All of the above.

Late night family time in Palmetto Bay (as well as many other places). Beginning late in the night of of Jan. 20, 2019, the moon passed through Earth's shadow in a total lunar eclipse during the Full Wolf Moon. This is also known as a "supermoon."  I have posted some photos.

My photos were taken with my smart phone and are far from great quality; the photos it took serve merely to document that I saw something in the night sky. I am posting a couple as well as some better photos taken by friends who were better equipped to document this family celestial event. 
Thankfully, the sky was clear. The evening was the coldest in quite some time.
Hopefully you were able to share this evening with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment