Thursday, September 15, 2016

Mangowood 4-way stop/crosswalk update - contractor selected - date for commencement of work

Mangowood - SW 148th Drive and 82nd Avenue update -
 
Palmetto Bay Manager Ed Silva has advised that we have secured the contractor for the crosswalk. 
 
The contractor will commence work no later than Wednesday to install the temporary crosswalk for SW 82 Av and SW 148 Drive.  I will continue to keep you up to date.

Addendum/update: Observations communicated to me led me to update this post.  I placed a photo of a representation of what we should see with the center stop notification delineator. The photo was taken in Coconut Grover earlier today (Thurs, 9/15).  If I achieve the goals, the Mangowood crosswalk will actually look more like those in the grove by city hall that also have the on-demand flashers.  I ask interested people to take a look at 82 Av and 163rd Street near Southwood to see the on-demand flashers installed in Palmetto Bay.  I want the latest technology for safety.  Thank you. 

2 comments:

  1. That doesn't look like SW 148 Dr and SW 82 Ave in the picture. Looks like it could be Coconut Grove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. I placed a photo of a representation of what we should see with the center stop notification delineator. Now that I think of it, the crosswalk will actually look more like those in the grove by city hall that also have the on-demand flashers. Take a look at 82 Av and 163rd Street near Southwood to see the on-demand flashers installed in Palmetto Bay. I will make an addendum to this post. Thank you.

      Delete