12:30 PM update. LOOKING FOR THE PHOTOS? They are starting to come in and are now being posted. CLICK HERE to view the photo submission page - How has your daily activity changed? Feel free to send me a photo update. Please maintain your social distance and be part of the solution, not the problem.My thoughts are with those who are unable to work from home - the restaurant and hotel industries, Those who work in travel. Courts are closed, but for absolute necessity -such as initial criminal appearances and domestic violence cases. Many civil action cases are having events canceled or continued and some case events are moving to telephone appearances.(that will be some back up to clear out when it is time). My annual dental check up was just rescheduled from next week until the end of May (as a place holder, they are hoping to reschedule for an earlier date if conditions change). That is a huge impact to those professionals, their staff and their vendors.
The Coronavirus may create irreversible change to our economies. I may change forever how we work in the future. Some industries may be unable to recover or adapt to a post Coronavirus world.
I was provided a photo early today by a FOSDU documenting what I call "gallows humor". That triggered a thought as to 'what is the impact on others"? So I am opening my blog as this may be a best way to community with so many who I cannot expect to run into out and about, at least for the foreseeable future.
Here is the submission that triggered the thought, the catalyst for this community photo board:
Feel free to send me a photograph that you think documents the current change of life under this Corona-virus emergency. Remember, this is not a photo contest, but this is an offer for community contact and communication through photography.
The photos can be light-hearted or hard hitting.
- I am not asking you to go out and expose yourself or others to any risk. This is purely an 'if you are out and see something' event.
- Do not violate anyone's privacy.
- This is merely for fun, to provide some escape form any current doldrums and to provide some insight to those sheltering in place as to what some see while out.
- This is not a photo competition, there will be no prizes or consideration paid for use, nor will any photo credit be provided. I am accepting any submissions by photographers of ALL ages.\If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for maintaining any privacy for the individuals depicted. I will not run any photograph that appears to be in violation, so please don’t bother submitting any such photos.
- No inappropriate photographs will be accepted, including images that appear to have put the photographer or subject at any risk of any type, involve the willful harassment of wildlife, damage to the environment by the photographer, put any individual or animal in danger, or infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
- Those submitting any photographs acknowledge that the owners of this blog have the final say to determine which photographs will be posted.
With that being said, photograph is a long accepted medium for communication or ideas and events. Let’s communicate the impact of this Coronavirus in our community.
The photographs may be emailed to me at email@example.com I will post the photos (without comment, I will let the photos tell the stories in their own way) as I receive sufficient numbers to post and will post so long as I feel there is interest both in submission and readership.
Don't forget the tool box on some other recent related posts: