As stated in the post:
So, was the Mayor's (Referring to Mayor Cunningham's) Clean Street Sign initiative so good that some signs disappeared like the 174 SW 87th ??And some others were completely ignored.See exhibits A, B &CThe missing signs are confirmed, but note the second photo that documents the condition of the Street sign placed at SW 86th Avenue and SW 174th Street (a different intersection).
It is obvious that residents of this area are not "FOK's" (Friends of the Mayor) and are not receiving their spoils share of council delivered public works pork. Unfair!
Original post - 6:00 AM Tuesday, 1/21/2020:
It is easy to see what is there, but it is often harder to notice what is missing. Can you tell without me pointing it out? Look at the photos below, provided to me by a FOSDU*
Do I need to give you a sign, or at least a hint? Not everyone uses a traffic APP to navigate Palmetto Bay. Anyone involved in a true "street by street" initiative should have been all over this issue by now.
Street signs remain critical. Why then, is the intersection of 87th Avenue at SW 174th Street without these signs? We need to separate and highlight the facts from the fiction being promoted. This is an additional example of why public works should be through professional administration, based upon need, rather than a political initiative through the Mayor or Village Council members.
We may know more on Thursday, January 23, 2020, as Palmetto Bay officials have called a Special Council Meeting for 7:00 PM, to be held at the Palmetto Bay Municipal Center. Item 3 of this meeting (III) is "A traffic circle on SW 87th Avenue and SW 174th Street."
Do you really want to know how to get action for your street? See the post(s) related to: Getting action. Sometimes nagging works. Sign in process of restoration on day 67! An account of one neighborhood's experience with street signs under Mayor Cunningham's administration and how some streets appear to be treated better than others.
For PRIOR RELATED POSTS, see:
- BREAKING NEWS - County was set to remove stop signs, but will wait for Village Council to reconsider Traffic Circle
- Palmetto Bay - salvage what you can before the door actually closes on the traffic circle for 174 and 87th Avenue
- What is next for traffic management in Palmetto Bay. I missed a report if there was one on Jan 6. Where is the plan?
- South Dade Updates Guest Blog- view of the 12/12/2019 Palmetto Bay / Miami-Dade County conflict resolution proceeding
- Waiting for Palmetto Bay’s official response – Cutler Bay site alleges that the 174/87th 4 way stop to be removed January 17. Where is the announcement, what about the lawsuit?
*FOSDU - a frequently used acronym for "Friend of South Dade Updates" Blog - concerned residents who don't necessarily want to be publicly identified.