|Rotarians Maria & Andrea|
Palmetto Bay is blessed to be home to The Rotary Club of Perrine-Cutler Ridge/Palmetto Bay CLICK HERE to view the official club website, including Maria Kesti (pictured to the right), who is the current Area Governor and District 6990 Polio Chair. Her husband, Michael Kesti currently serves on the Disaster Committee.
The photos posted to this blog document the tremendous volume of much needed materials shipped to the Bahamas. Rotary is far from declaring mission accomplished. To the contrary, work continues on receiving donations. There will be additional packing events so check their website for ongoing announcements. www.rotary6990.org
Information below taken from the official Rotary District 6990 website (CLICK HERE).
Grand Bahama Island has 5 Rotary clubs and is a valued part of Rotary District 6990. We will do everything possible to help them recover from the devastation. Rotary International District 6990 has secured a 181-foot ship and begun the efforts to fill four (4) 20-foot containers with needed supplies to aid in the Hurricane Dorian Relief Efforts. The local Rotary Clubs will be collecting items and packing them for the first shipment by this weekend.
Items being collected are Cleaning Supplies, Tarps, Toiletries, Diapers, Gloves, First Aid, Sunscreen, Clean Towels and Rags, Flashlights, Batteries, Building & Repair Supplies, Canned Food Goods (non-perishable), Garbage Bags, and others. For a complete list of items, see list below.
Currently, items are being collected at the following locations :Broward County
- SpareZ Bowling – 5325 S University Dr, Davie / 9:00am to 1:00am, seven days a week
- Weston Hills Country Club, 2600 Country Club Way, Weston / Tuesday, Sept. 3–Friday, Sept. 6. 7 am–10 pm
- International Montessory Kids Center, 602 Anderson Circle, Deerfield Beach / Wednesday and Thursday 9am – 8pm
- The City of Hallandale Beach Cultural Community Center, 410 SE 3rd Street, Hallandale Beach
- Florida Blue Center (The Falls) – 8895 SW 136th Street, Miami / Hours: M-F 9am-7pm & Sat 9am-4pm
- Coral Gables Fire Station 1 (Headquarters) 2815 Salzedo Street
- Coral Gables Fire Station 2, 525 South Dixie Highway
- Coral Gables Fire Station 3, 11911 Old Cutler Road