Saturday, July 29, 2017

Politics aside - "Say it ain't so..." are they really about to "Can" Coke Zero?

Coke is always in the news when it changes its products - and an example of people resisting and resenting change.  Does anyone remember "New Coke" or Pepsi-Cola's "Pepsi Clear"?  I am a fan of Coke Zero - and sometimes change is good - one such example (in my humble opinion) is Coke Zero. And now it appears that it is nearing the end of its shelf life.  

So I say "stock up"!  How long will cans of soda last? (Am I really calling for a hording run on remaining Coke Zero?)

Here is a very well written article that (again, in my own opinion) captures the angst of someone who hates to see one of their favs go by the wayside:

Coke Zero Is Gone Because We Live in a Grim Dystopia in Which Nothing Good Can Exist, by Jay Willis, published in GQ online.

On this point (actually, on many points) I agree with Palmetto Bay's community catalyst Brian Tannebaum.  who says, and 'I quote': "I could go full Scaramucci about this."  

I agree fully and will join Brian in going "full Scaramucci " about this.

Also see CNN Money: Coca-Cola is replacing Coke Zero with a new drink, by Olivia Chang, CNN Money

No comments:

Post a Comment