Unfortunately, Business Is A-Boomin this time of year for animal shelters. This is no joke.
UPDATE (from reader Craig Merwitzer):
If a pet is not microchipped, get it done. Any vet can do it. The microchip is useless unless registered. The website used by most vets is homeagain.comAlso register with the information found on the tag issued by the county
CLICK HERE to view the Miami-Dade Animal Services lost pet page. As posted today, July 5, 2019, by Miami-Dade Animal Services:
Today is one of the busiest days of the year for animal shelters. If you lost your pet during yesterday’s festivities, here’s what you should do.
- Visit our adoption center on a daily basis. We receive about 80-100 dogs and cats every day. Our Lost and Found office will try to reunite you with your pet and will help you search for your pet in all areas of our facility.
- Use the Finding Rover app to upload a photo of your pet. This site uses facial recognition to reunite lost pets with their families.
- Register your lost pet on Petharbor.com and search through the photos of pets we have at our shelter.
- Post photos of your pet to Facebook, Nextdoor or other social media groups.
- Make flyers and post them around your neighborhood and at our adoption center.
- Check with other South Florida shelters, veterinarians and pet stores.Please pass this information on to anyone who may have become separated from their pet. And please, keep an eye out and assist in reuniting any stray you may find. Not everyone has the same resources, the same ability to search for their lost pet. They may even not yet recognize that it is missing.