Friday, February 21, 2014

Alternative transportation to work day from Palmetto Bay to Datran - Friday, 2/21/14

The morning fell together. The car is in for repair and I have a beautiful new model loaner car at home to use. So what do I do? I mixed business casual [there is a difference in my office from 'actual casual' and 'business casual' (as it should be)]. It is nice and cool morning (78 degrees at start) and who among us couldn't use more exercise? So, I bicycled into work today. It was a brief and very pleasant 20 minutes, which is almost too few for aerobic exercise.
Do I really want to attempt this, biking to work?
I took 82 Avenue to 120th, up US1 to 112 and crossed US1 at 112 to ride the bike lane in the remainder of the way to the Datran Center. OK, the computer bag work across by back may have been a bit over the top, but it was still a fun, healthy and different way to get to work on a Friday.
That is NOT a bike in our file room - don't rat me out!
I am here.  The real test will be how much fun it is to navigate the Friday rush hour drive home.  Have a great and healthy weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Nice job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bus way bike path is part of the South Dade bike trail. An underused amenity we have in Miami-Dade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is time for a bike made in the current century.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow 20 minutes. you are brave facing miami traffic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not see you riding today. A little too wet for you?

    G

    ReplyDelete