Monday, May 3, 2021

National bike month has started as a series of challenges - rear flat one day, then broken spoke on another.

 National bike month continues (with or without you).

I actually kicked it off Friday with a ride down to the People's Dock at Deering for the grand re-opening (again, thank you Miami-Dade County, Miami-Dade Parks).

I picked up a staple on the return trip. This resulted in Day One of National Bike Month starting off on a new rear tire tube (I continue to resist going tubeless).

The challenges of National Bike month stepped up a notch on Sunday morning when I heard and felt that sickening "pop" that comes only from a snapped spoke. 9 miles out. There is no fixing this type of disaster one the road. I was between two local bike shops (LBS) where I could have received emergency service on any day but a Sunday (both open later on Sundays), so its time for a pick up. Nice walk from South Miami to north Pinecrest to meet up with my pick up (*sarcasm*).

Bike Month 2021 may be the month when I finally learn how to change out a broken spoke and true a wheel for myself. 

Can you spot the broken spoke? I took the photo of my bike with roadside art - an item many of use remember as a US mailbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment