Suggested solutions include:
* Build a connected pedestrian and (protected) bike network
* Evolve neighborhoods to be more mixed use
* Adopt the walk/bike 1 mile challenge
* Build bridges to transit way
* Strengthen bike/walk/transit advocacy
* Encourage more biking/walking/transit/car sharing to school
* Have flex time at work/work from home
* Use transit more often
* Build at-grade Metrorail south
* Use Municipal circulators/bikes/Uber/Lyft as first/last mile to transit
* Develop apps that reward carpool, transit, rideshare, etc
CLICK HERE) to view some of the Palmetto Bay municipal traffic calming studies/master plans and materials.
Slide 7 (Above) - There’s a basic geometry problem to depending on cars for everything. They take too much space. In the picture on the left, you can see how much space it takes for a busload of40 or 60 to occupy a bus or trolley. In the center picture, you can see how much space it
takes for the same number of us on bikes; slightly more. In the photo at right, you see what
happens when each person has a car. There will never be enough room.
I wholeheartedly agree with Commissioner Daniella Levine Cava about this event: "Community at its best: gathering to create #TrafficSolutions in #SouthDade "